Running is one of the easiest ways to get fit and live a better life. But all you need is the right guide. In this 30 day, beginners running challenge one can easily get a clear cut idea and trust me it isn’t that hard.
All you need is a nice pair of running shoes and very well mindset.
Many of you might start this challenge with full of enthusiasm but might quite!
But if you want something, you need to work hard and in today’s era even smarter.
With my 30 days beginners running challenge you will start loving and running will become your habit
Getting Ready For Running ? :
Now, this totally depends upon you when to start with running.
As you move on with this running challenge, time will really not matter.
But at the beginning you need to really plan out a proper schedule, allocate a proper time for running.
And, just begin with it.
But, when you will ask me to suggest, I will highly recommend you start out at late afternoon, somewhere at just beginning of the evening.
Because your mind and body are active at that time and most probably you will enjoy running in evening because of pleasant weather.
If you want to do at the morning
Great! Go ahead.
Ultimately, if you have a tight and busy schedule throughout the whole day, then the choice is yours.
Treadmill OR Street Running:
Look both have almost the same benefits.
All depends upon your mentality and adaptability.
If you feel you are more comfortable in running on treadmill.
But, this 30-day beginners running challenge mainly focuses on street running.
The reasons are many, I will try to cover the most important in a nutshell.
1. You will be more open to nature and can get a fresh breeze and which can help in improving lung capacity ( in terms of breathing).
2. This street running will help in developing endurance and improves strength.
3. If you go out for a run, obviously it will cover more distance and hence you will burn more calories.
4. If you are planning for a marathon you should definitely go outside for a run, because it will correct your breathing much better.
5. You will sweat more and can get physically better.
Although running on a treadmill is also a good option.
But then you will stick to the materialistic aspect.
The treadmill is a good alternative option for people who are looking just to shred a few pounds.
Otherwise, I will highly recommend to go for a street running.
Things needed for running:
You will require a nice pair of shoes, a smartwatch (run tracking feature), a water bottle and a small towel.
And you are good to go!
So let’s begin with
30 days beginners running challenge:
Week 1 –
1st Day- 1/2 mile walk, rest 5 minutes and jog for 5 minutes
2nd Day- 1/2 mile jog, rest 3 minutes and walk for 5 minutes
3rd Day-1/2 mile jog, 1/4 walk
4th Day- 1/4 mile walk
5th Day- Rest
6th Day – 1/2 mile jog, rest for 3 minutes and 1/2 mile walk
7th Day- 1/2 mile jog, 1/4 mile go for a walk and 1/2 mile jog
Week 2 –
8th Day- 1/2 mile jog, 1/2 mile go for a walk and 1/2 mile jog
9th Day- 2 miles jog
10th Day- 1/4 mile jog and 1/4 mile walk
11th Day- Rest
12th Day- 1/4 mile jog, 1 mile go for a walk
13th Day- 1/2 mile jog, 1/4 mile go for a walk and rest for 3 minutes and 1/4 mile jog
14th Day- 1-mile jog and 1-mile walk
Week 3 –
15th Day- 1.2 miles jog and 1.2 miles walk
16th Day- Rest
17th Day- 1.2 miles jog
18th Day- 1.2 miles jog, 1/2 miles go for a walk and 1 mile jog
19th Day- 2 miles jog, rest for 3 minutes and 1 mile walk
20th Day– 2 miles jog
21st Day- Rest
Week 4 –
22nd Day- 1.2 miles jog and 1.2 miles walk
23rd Day-2 miles jog and 1 mile go for a walk
24th Day- 2.5 miles jog and 1.2 miles walk
25th Day- 2 miles jog, 1 mile walk and 1 mile jog
26th Day- 2 miles jogs
27th Day- 2 miles jog and rest for 3 minutes and 2 miles go for a walk
28th Day- 2 miles jog and 1 mile go for a walk
29th Day- Rest
30th Day- 2 miles go for a walk
The goal of 30-day beginners running challenge:
The main focus of this 30 day beginners running challenge is to make you fall in love with running.
And to remove one from the comfort zone and living a healthy and better life tomorrow.
This challenge can also be taken as a preparation for marathon.
Running tips for beginners:
1. Go with short distance at the beginning and don’t look for a big chase.
2. First, go for a normal walk and then jog.
3. Take smaller steps, there is no point of making a big jump and hop like a kangaroo.
4. Get the perfect shoe pairs.
5. Don’t drink too much water at the beginning or during the walk.
6. Rest is very important and your body needs time to recover.
7. Wear lighter clothes
8. Track your progress and enjoy your running.
Benefits of running:
1. Helps in getting a flat belly
2. Burns more calories
3. Improves heart health
4. Strengthen bones and joints
5. Helps in weight loss