In this, I will show you my all-time favorite chicken salad recipe that you can make easily at home. This recipe can be a great replacement for your meal at dinner and it is absolutely so healthy.
Now, you can make chicken salad recipe in your own way by adding some twist with your own preferences and your eating habits.
This recipe is high in protein, and if you use this at night this will turn out one of the best meals.
Because this recipe is easy and quick to make and it can be ready within 5 minutes.
So without any further ado, let dive into
Chicken Salad Recipe
Now, before I get into my recipe, let us check out all the items that you require to prepare this recipe.
1. 150-200 grams of Chicken Breast
2. Ginger-Garlic Paste ( 2 tablespoons)
3. 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric, chili flakes
4. 2 tablespoons of Tomato Sauce
6. 3 tablespoons of Mayonnaise
7. 3 tablespoons of yogurt
8. Lime Juice
9. Cumin Seeds
10. Coriander, tomatoes, and onions.
Also, you can add salt and pepper to season.
Now, let’s get into the delicious and healthy chicken salad recipe
The first thing you need to do is to marinate the chicken to get that yum and delicious taste.
1. Take the chicken breast, add 1 tablespoon of salt and pepper.
2. Add 1/2 spoon of Olive oil.
3. Take 2 tablespoons of Ginger-Garlic Paste and mix it well with the chicken breast.
The ginger-garlic paste will add magical taste to your salad.
4. Then add 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric, chili flakes, and 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce.
Turmeric is optional if you want to add you can. I add it just to match the taste of traditional chicken salad recipe.
But I highly recommend you to add 1/2 tablespoon of chili flakes, because it tastes really well.
5. The final step is to mix all the items.
Bonus Tip: After you are done with mixing all the item, I suggest you keep the marinated chicken breast for at least 30 minutes – 45 minutes covered.
By doing this the chicken breast will absorb all the juices of the mixture you have prepared and it will add up into a great taste.
After 30 minutes you can cook the chicken breast either on a non-stick pan or you can grill the chicken breast.
I usually cook it on a non-stick pan and you can try is as well you will observe a significant difference in taste.
But wait I’m not done yet.
What about the dressing the salad?
Have you got this question in your mind?
If yes then you are awesome, because without the dressing the salad the recipe is incomplete.
So, let’s check out the way in which I dressed the salad:
Dressing for Chicken Salad:
1. Take a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
2. Then add 2 or 3 tablespoons of yogurt (Low-fat yogurt).
3. Add 1 teaspoon of cumin seed.
4. Then add 1 tablespoon of lime juice
5. At last, you can add coriander.
Keep this dressing aside for a while and you need this in a short time.
Finally, after you cooked your chicken breast and you prepare the delicious dressing for your chicken salad it’s time to make the full and final healthy chicken salad recipe.
1. Take a bowl and add fresh green vegetables of your choice.
In this recipe, I’m adding lettuce because I love lettuce
And 2 tablespoon of tomatoes and onions.
You can also add cabbage if you want, it also tastes well.
2. Now, add the dressing which you have prepared earlier in the bowl.
Take only half of the dressing paste or mixture and mix it well with the veggies.
3. Then you can cut the chicken breast into strips and add it into the bowl.
4. Now, finally, add all the dressing mixture from the top and mix it well.
And there’s it, your healthy chicken salad recipe is ready.
[Tweet “Best healthy chicken salad recipe”]
Nutrition Value Of Chicken Salad Recipe:
Protein – 36.5 grams
Carbs – 15 grams
Fats – 30 grams
Fiber – 5 grams
Total Calories: 530
Note: The calories of this recipe are approx and it can vary depending on your requirements and your cooking style.
How long you can store this Chicken Salad?
I would recommend that not to store or use the chicken salad for more than 3 days. Yes, of course, you can store this chicken salad in a refrigerator for 3 days and you can have it.
The reason not to use chicken salad by more than 3 days because the dressing that you have prepared and mixed it with the salad will not last long.
And the taste might differ from the beginning.
Hence, you can have chicken salad for up to 3 days.
Best Way to Serve It :
The best way and the most common way which I used to serve this chicken salad recipe is to make a sandwich
You can also make a roll of chicken salad in a loaf of pita bread and have it.
To do that:
Just take 2 slices of brown bread or whole wheat bread and add 1 slice of cheese.
Then add a handful of grapes and roasted almonds or peanuts.
I choose peanuts because I love the taste of peanuts and it gives a slight crunchy taste in my chicken salad recipe.
Then add all the mixture of chicken salad that you have prepared and you can either toast it or have it directly.
Remember to take all the ingredients according to your goals and your eating habits.
Best time to take this recipe :
I would suggest taking this chicken salad recipe at night because it is high in protein and in calories too.
It will be a great replacement for your entire meal at night or at dinner.
Why only at night?
This might be your question right!
Well, there is no such restriction to take this recipe at night only, but the main reason behind is that,
At night your body requires slow digesting protein for better health and especially if you want to lose weight.
Then protein at night which can provide energy to your body for a longer period of time is the utmost requirement.
Also, your body will be in a fasted state for next 7-8 hours when you sleep and this chicken salad will make stomach full and you won’t carve for anything.
Benefits of Chicken Salad :
1. This chicken salad recipe is high in protein and in around 150 grams of chicken breast, you can easily get 35 grams of protein.
2. This salad is rich in vitamins and minerals.
Chicken breast comes up with lots of essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin A, B, D.
- Vitamin A helps in improving the eyesight
- And Vitamin B helps in fighting from the weakness and improves your immune system
- Vitamin D helps in strengthening your bone.
[Tweet “Benefits of Chicken Salad”]
3. This chicken salad recipe is a great meal alternative and it brilliantly helps in weight loss.
4. It is easy and quick to make and saves a lot of time.
5. Also, it is noticed that by consuming chicken, it helps in controlling the blood pressure.
At last, also check out the below recipe video to get the things clear.